PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hong Kong airlines infos
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2013, 01:08
ChinaBeached

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I looked at HKA a while ago. The systems, their reputation and very low standards made me decide to not apply. But for the record the figures quoted by 2Tigers is wrong and very misleading. No, not a "liar" but just ill informed. Sorry mate, but here are the facts from HKA's CoS 11 which I have in front of me courtesy of some friends.

An A330 FO with > 3000 hrs jet experience earns $81,250 HKD per month based on a min 50 hrs per month. Work 50 hrs and get $81,250. Work 1 hr and get $81,250. Work > 50 hrs and "overtime" pay goes $450 per hour from 51-75 hrs = $450 HKD per hour. > 76 hrs = $650 HKD per hour.

So an A330 FO working 84 hrs a month (the CX magic number) earns $81,250 plus (75-51).450 + (84-76).650 = $97,250 HKD per month.

No idea of the average monthly hours guys are doing..... Anyone?

No housing. Pathetic Provident Fund. No schooling. Minimal overnight allowances. Dangerously bad health insurance. CAD restrictions due safety concerns. Senior TRE's resigning due standards and safety concerns (as per that newspaper article (http://www.pprune.org/fragrant-harbo...-airlines.html).

Close to CX B-Scale? No way. Comparable to the rest of the world not in the cocoon of self adoring CX sell outs (who rolled over to allow C-Scale, CoS 08, RA 65, mutter "Contract Compliance" every now and then but no balls to back it up....49ers anyone?).... yes. But based on the CAD's restrictions, management practices, upgrade honesty and probability, their history and present issues and direction - I'd stay right away!!!

My point is, unlike the CX C-Scalers, know what the ENTIRE deal is before committing to it. Salary is but ONE factor.

2Tigers - I believe you should do the right thing and retract your accusation of "liar". CX-esque B-Scale is dead thanks to you all at CX looking after your own self interest, protecting your own contracts and not giving a damn about the future: that includes your AoA who also covet their own back pockets above the next generation's. When you allowed C-Scale you (at CX) lost all credibility to voice an opinion about integrity or morals.

HKA - stay away from what colleagues say based on their past, present and future direction, as well as my own research. Ask yourself why are they recruiting when they are unable to expand? People are running. A LCC FO might see that salary as great, but it comes at a severe cost to your career and future. I did, as I did when I turned down CX C-Scale. No regrets and a better career as a result.

VNA and Air Pacific are recruiting for 330 pilots on far better conditions and terms than HKA.

Last edited by ChinaBeached; 18th Sep 2013 at 04:58.