PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian Airline wages compilation
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2013, 01:08
Chocks Away

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry but I disagree Compylot, they are very relevant and if they are clarified regarding year of service, they aren't misleading.
I agree with your sentiment that "the package" is often quoted, which includes Super, housing etc but in this thread, I for one, am trying to get an idea of the "first year take home pay", as a good gauge for where the start is within a company.
Your comments on "beefing up" what you earn when talking to chicks or outsiders, well... I can't relate to that because quite frankly: 1) it's an obnoxious concept; 2) considered rude to ask others in public and; 3) they're not circles I mix in sorry. When discussed in private with a close friend in the past, I was quite embarrassed actually, at what little I had earnt in comparison to them, having working 24/7/365.

The $$ are overseas, in some places but not all. Agencies & Airlines are always putting alot of "gravy" on the T's & C's to attract experience. Beware though, often you don't (or won't) qualify for their extra allowances (or rebates) like Super or Housing and may end up with more Tax than promised.