PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thru-baggage tagging at check in
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2013, 23:31
chuboy

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by edi_local
For example on the DCS I currently use it's simple to add in an onward flight and print a bag tag for pretty much any airline a passenger may be travelling onwards with weather or not it's our one, a partner, a codeshare or even one which has nothing to do with us. The boarding cards will usually only come out if it's an airline in the same alliance as us or one with which we codeshare or interline with.
Awesome, this is just what I was looking to find out.

I'm assuming if we check in online for the final leg of the journey, it won't matter whether or not a boarding card is issued at the check-in desk since we'll have printed it out at home first anyway?

Otherwise, if it will be necessary to see the check-in agent in DUB, how will we know? If the bags are checked through to CFN and we have checked-in for that leg online already, can we not proceed directly to the boarding gate in DUB? Correct me if wrong!

Finally, other posters mentioned interline agreements between the airlines. From what I can garner from their websites there is an agreement in place, but there seems to be ambiguity when it comes to separate tickets as to what will be permitted. I guess I will have to wait and see. The most important thing for me is that I'm told for certain whether I need to collect bags in DUB, preferably before I arrive empty-handed in CFN