PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BASSA Go fruit loops again!
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2013, 11:01
Ramper1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have to comment on this as it grates on me every time BA think they can just strike for whatever reason. BA need to wake up and smell the coffee. There was an article in the telegraph not so long ago and I couldn't agree with that more. Crew at BA seem to think they're indestructible and will to accept the fact that airlines are changing fast and rapidly......times are also changing and companies MUST make changes In order to survive.

After 9/1, nearly every outline in america had to make drastic changes in order to survive, to which crew and pilots had to accept in order to keep / save their jobs. With BA it seems they will do everything in their power to destroy their win airline by pushing for too much, not accepting that they are a very luck airline staff member who have numerous perks and packages which other airlines can only dream of.

Just because they are the flag carrier, does not mean that when or if they get into financial difficulty the government will bail them out, which many seem to think that Ba will never go under, But just look at swissair, Pan am, TWA , Sabena. To name but a few...they were all national flag carriers and went bust with NO government bail out or rescue package.

I really think that this BASSA group should begin to back down on their campaign and just accept that things change in life and stop taking things for granted. Flying is not what it used to be in its glory days and never will be ever again.