PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Firemen Strike
Thread: Firemen Strike
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2013, 21:05
mopardave

Received 42 Likes on 19 Posts
Well, I suppose it had to happen.....the cheap shots have started. I have the utmost respect for those of you who've served our country (I flunked OASC Biggin Hill twice, so didn't have what it takes.)........but come on gents, don't believe all you read in the Daily Mail! Take it from me, as a serving firefighter of 27 years service, I am devastated that we're here again. I voted against strike action because I know we'll never win! When people sign up to a pension scheme, it really should be honoured. I'm fully aware of this countries economic woes.......but let's remember what's happened.......this country is bankrupt because of profligate politicians. These idiots squander money knowing full well, they'll never be held to account. I don't need to site examples because that would take too long........we all know where the money's gone. Just so you know, we had a 3 year pay freeze and then a 1% pay rise. Our pension contributions have gone up considerably and will no longer keep pace with inflation. No, I'm not asking for sympathy.....I wouldn't get it.....people are losing their jobs left, right and centre........and that is tragic for all concerned. What I am asking, is that maybe some of you aren't so quick to judge.
Thanks to Gr4techie, Wensleydale, Courtney Mil, and of course Smudgesmith for at least considering the other side.
Nonetheless.......best wishes to you all.
Dave
PS For what it's worth, I don't have 2 jobs.