PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Senate Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2013, 19:54
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Catch up.

Sunny # 1476 - "As I've said elsewhere, lobby who you like but press the jobs, growth and investment buttons each time and present as a positive person with good ideas to make the country better."
Just cruising back over some of the sensible discussion on various ideas for "lobbying"; (Sunny, Creamy etc). I just wonder if that whole idea is superfluous and all that needs doing is for the Senate committee to continue on, to demand satisfactory response and answers to their report, recommendations and conclusions. Provided the 'promises' made by the 'new' gummint are honoured all should be revealed as a natural progression, despite the recent hiatus. The questions still hang, the responses are overdue and the groundwork done. I don't see Fawcett et al forgetting about it Perhaps the IOS need only gently, patiently and persistently press for the 'short' inquiry into regulatory reform and be provided a Commissioner. The cat is well and truly out of the bag, the trick now is to catch the little bugger before it sneaks away with Mums budgie.

004# 1500 –"His ticket for the Styx River boat has been endorsed, receipts have been accepted and he is awaiting his ride."
Hell will have to wait a while longer for the shade of McComic; there are some very strict rules (writ by Minnie and revised by Gobbles) on our group transport policy. Most of the damned just turn up, hop on and we cart 'em over. As a rule they are a fairly self absorbed lot not given to being fussy about who else is inboard; but, there have been several objections raised. The only way we can provide transport for the passenger concerned is by a special 'one off' charter which no one seems to want to pay for; or swimming lessons with Gobbledock, which for some reason the passenger seems loathe to accept....

Last edited by Kharon; 17th Sep 2013 at 19:58. Reason: Attempting to type while looking for socks.