PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Saunders-Roe Skeeter Helicopter 1958: merged threads
Old 15th Mar 2003, 08:27
Skeeter Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tail Bloater - I'll see if I can dig up a few names - they will be old friends of Francis'. I'm sure the museum will have a full list.
A name you may be familier with is Mike S-Rayner. Sadly Mike died last year. Like Francis he had owned and flown his own Skeeter privately until Francis bought it from him in 97. Francis had three Skeeters in a museum in Suffolk. He and I built up the museum called the Skeeter Heritage Trust over about 10 years. It was closed down in 2001 and now non of his machines are airworthy. Thankfully a friend of Francis' who was the only other person to own an airworthy Skeeter offered to continue what Francis had started using his machine, hence the Skeeter Heritage (without the trust).

I don't suppose you kept a pair of T/R blades as a reminder.

Do you know what happened to the 10 Skeeters that the Potugese military purchased in 1961? Apparantly they never operated them?

Head Turner - Pumping the lever is an often used technique when Skeet flying and it's suprising how effective it is!