PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia Cadetship 2012 & 2013
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2013, 09:41
extralite

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
For every door closing another opens. For those that missed out, it may be the best thing that ever happened to you as it forces you to consider other careers. Almost all applicants will be intelligent and determined people who can succeed in other careers and afford to fly where they like when they like once they make it. Just a quick read of the discussions under this forum will show how your life will pan out if accepted as a professional pilot. Some good some not so fun. The best piece of advice I ever got was from someone who knew me, after a first ever rejection letter said "people like you will always land on your feet. Don't worry". And they were right. The hardest thing is making the break, it is easy to fall into the "but i am a pilot" trap and be blind to the other opportunities. Is was a fun career,but other careers can bring even more satisfaction. Some of it is luck too. Well done to all that made it but for the others, it could be the start of something new. Keep an open mind.