PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The perpetual 'Am I too old?' thread
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2013, 07:49
SuperJet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its subtle phraseology - "tired of the debate" meaning, would be nice if it came to a distinct conclusion for everyone, but of course, this is not a real expectation that anyone would hold to. Its purely a phrase.

As for hearing what I wanted, no, honesty is preferable... Good or bad, in my opinion...

The thread was intended to explore aviators', current and aspiring, views on age limitations and the realities of achieving our goals against the background of an industry which seems to punish the more senior protagonists...

If you're serious (Squawk 7500) about mid-thirties not being too old, then that is a nice sentiment, and reassuring for the struggling ones out there, myself included.

I had recently read a comment on a thread concerning licencing gaps in regulations, relating to transferability and validity, where someone was complaining bitterly about their current job - right hand seat in an A380!!! - calling it "too restrictive" and "going nowhere"... Yet some of us will not be lucky enough to reach that kind of role, despite having the talent, skill, drive and ambition... and the longer we fight the battle to get there, the less chance we have...

Some people eh..?

Keep the comments coming...