PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 6
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 6
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2013, 22:05
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Monarch

cloudy1

Monarch winter is their busiest at BHX I think but still disappointing. With East Mids to consider as well I suspect they are trying not to duplicate too much or at least not flood the market.

It is five based but some days only three operate. When I last checked the seat-maps it was 4 x A321 and 1 x A320 but they are fluid with the changes.

Alicante is stuck at four a week one less than EMA , Malaga is four a week no change, Tenerife gets an extra Friday flight, Venice has gone forv winter, Rome reduced to twice weekly, GIB of course is an extra three frequencies, Sharm is still three up one from last winter, FUE and LPA are as pathetic as ever at weekly but to be fair Ryanair are the same.

They have at least matched FR on Arrecife this winter with three flights. Larnaca is static at two and so is Funchal. Barcelona is also suspended like last winter, which is probably a blessing with FR at four a week.

Faro sees an extra frequency making it three a week.

Nice and Palma are also suspended as usual and the rest are always seasonal.

Ski flights are twice weekly Grenoble but it does increase to four a week at February half-term.

Sunday is the busiest day when Grenoble starts 10 flights - 9 schedule and 1 SKI charter to KTT. Saturday sees 8 flights 7 schedule and GVA IT Ski.

The summer 14 schedule has a couple of gaps but nine based with extra Faro and Dubrovnik but less Malaga's, Palma's and Nice just five a week.

I know they got burnt with Milan and Munich but I thought they might have looked at Prague this winter with Lisbon and Madrid next year but I suppose caution is the word at present.

I know in winter 214 seats is an awful lot to fill and more 320's might be the answer at BHX on the shorter routes.

Pete