PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL Renewal - JAA/EASA?
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2013, 13:48
pumuckl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks, Whopity. I just double checked, and I actually renewed my JAA PPL in 2011 and my PPL(A) is valid until July 2016. It is still a JAA licence though, issued by the UK CAA. My RT Licence is also valid until 2016. It is only the class rating (SEP Land) that lapsed in 2012.

I have a UK ATCO licence and an endorsement of English level 6 on that (and also on my overseas ATCO licence). The PPL just states: Language Proficiency: English. Given that my ATCO licences already state level 6 proficiency, I would hope that I won't have to sit another test for the PPL?

To renew my SEP rating next time I'm in the UK - what do you mean by obtaining a course completion certificate? What course? Last time I renewed my SEP rating in Sandtoft where I was a member (though I didn't do my PPL with them as I did my PPL in Florida under the UK syllabus, hence issued by the UK CAA) and I was hoping to go back to Sandtoft to get it done again. Last time (in 2010) I just sat a flight test with an examiner and he signed off my SEP rating revalidation in my licence and sent the relevant forms to the UK CAA for their records. I will of course get in touch with them and double check, but has the process changed greatly since 2010?

Last edited by pumuckl; 16th Sep 2013 at 13:55.