PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How to learn Morse Code?
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2003, 23:01
Watchoutbelow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Boiling point!!

At first I laughed when I heard the U.K C A A/jaa are making candidates for instrument ratings learn Morse code, but then I cringed!
It is really just another piece of pathetic pommy irrelevent B.S, that only makes an already overpriced course even more expensive and further out of reach to a regular hard working devouted Joe Bloggs trying to get his/ her foot in the door, by funding it him/ herself, or even a recreational Pilot trying to improve his/ her skills and make him/ herself a safer pilot!

Studying Morse Code is not an integral part of all pilot training!
However, Good flight planning is!

I definitely believe that one day someday, somebody with a bit of pull and a lot of balls will stand up to the CAA and say
"Stop, dishing out pointless, useless total and utter crap, and stop making things more awkward, and expensive then it has to be and stop using the mantra all in the name of safety, cause its not any safer then the FAA or most other Aviation Authorities for that matter! And just more thing, get with the times, or your all fired!"
I fail to see how saturating your brain with so much irrelevant outdated technology is supposed to make you a superior pilot!
But unfortunately my phsycic powers don't envision this happening any time soon.
How any up and comming self sponsered European pilot is going to make a living in this business is beyond me!

Hopefully I am wrong!