PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "First Wave"
Thread: "First Wave"
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2013, 06:41
michaeljpotter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Varmint, Tango, Couldn't agree with you fella's more. Really, I understand the frustration and as you rightly said - doesn't matter if you've put 25 years in with not a single incident they will throw you out for the smallest matter without thought or care to you, your life, your family and general well being.
But lets not forget this vindictive and scare culture started a few years ago already in the back.
Now with the guys in the back its gone from bad to worse - a 25fil hourly pay rise??? 25 fil's is worth nothing.
If a PUR wants to keep the managers from inserting something into his rear end they are getting worse and worse on crew.

Only the other day for example and this example coming from nearest - Cpt says in briefing to crew to take as much time as needs be for S+Securities. PUR comes on PA and tells crew "Why is no one finished with their checks yet, see this is what I hate if the Cpt says take your time everyone takes far too long - I wish they didn't say these things, now I have to rush. If someone isn't finished within X minutes they will be reported"
Not being paid for home stby (In fairness I dont know how this is for other airlines). Airport Stby - not paid for 3hr 59 if you get pulled out at 3h59
EK response is "we give you a basic salary so any ground time will be accounted by that"
Checking grooming will come to F/D, as Harry said soon enough you'll have a grooming check on each other. Are your shoes clean? Is your shirt ironed? (Not that if you hand it in to Butlers it'll come back ironed anyway, they look better when they've just come out the wash)
F/D have it easier than in the back, there is no question of that. I know as well as everyone else the investment etc required in getting to the front far outweighs the investment of being crew but crew shouldn't be treated any less of human beings than F/D.
Ultimately it comes down to someone who has recently acquired their job or got a promotion is trying to justify this, management who don't like pilots publicly and the greed that has been growing and manifesting within senior culture.

Last edited by michaeljpotter; 16th Sep 2013 at 06:43.