PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vor-Dme renamed to VOR
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2013, 00:16
A320_Lover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vor-Dme renamed to VOR

Hi all, I have a doubt about an approach procedure recently changed and I would like some opinions.

The procedure in question (attached), shows a VOR approach (new procedure) and a VOR-DME (old procedure);
They have changed the name from VOR-DME to VOR, added the remark on the plan view "DME Required" and slightly raised the minimums.
Jeppesen says that the "identification procedure" (the title of the procedure, in this case VOR) determines the necessary equipment to fly the final segment of the procedure involved from the FAF/FAP to the MAP/DAH.

Ok, having said that, since the new procedure is named VOR only, it means that I only need the VOR to fly the final segment and not the DME. But there is a note on the plan view of the charts saying "DME Required".
At first sight I thought that i needed the DME until reaching our FAF and after the FAF no more DME, but if we look well, we can notice that the missed approach point is defined by a DME distance, and although we have a DA/H, this is only a non-precision approach and our missed approach segment can only be initiated by reaching the missed approach point and not reaching the DA/H.

Soooo

Do I need the DME during the final segment of the procedure ? (legally speaking, no common sense)
If I have a failure of DME during the final segment, keep going until DA/H or Go around?

Bye and thanks to all

Image Link (in case of invisible image above):
http://www.md80.it/bbforum/download/...4603&mode=view

Last edited by A320_Lover; 16th Sep 2013 at 10:59.