PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Prince William PVR's
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2013, 07:22
GreenKnight121

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dengue_Dude
Don't see many Congressmens' sons or President's NOK out wherever things are tough.
Originally Posted by 500N
Dengue

Reagding your comment
"Don't see many Congressmens' sons or President's NOK
out wherever things are tough."

I made that mistake once, a list was produced that showed quite a few sons and daughters of Congressmen and Senators serve in the Military and a lot went to Iraq or Afghanistan. It was a long list.
I'm not going to do a major list, just show two in particular:

Vice President of the United States, Joe Biden: oldest son, Beau Biden joined the military in 2003 as a member of the Delaware national Guard and was recently promoted to the rank of Major in the Judge-Advocate-General (JAG) Corps as part of the 261st Signal brigade in Smyrna, Delaware.

Beau Biden ran for, and was elected as, Attorney General of the State of Delaware in 2006.

Biden's unit was activated to deploy to Iraq on October 3, 2008, and sent to Fort Bliss, Texas, for pre-deployment training, the day after his father participated in the 2008 presidential campaign's only vice-presidential debate. His father is on the record as saying, "I don't want him going. But I tell you what, I don't want my grandson or my granddaughters going back in 15 years, and so how we leave makes a big difference." Biden received a visit at Camp Victory from his father on July 4, 2009. Biden returned from Iraq in September 2009, his yearlong deployment complete. Biden had announced that during his deployment he would continue to actively serve as Delaware's Attorney General by working in conjunction with his office's senior staff in Delaware, although a member of his unit related Biden saying he had turned over most of his attorney general work to his deputy so as to focus on his duties in Iraq.

Senator John S. McCain III: oldest natural (as opposed to adopted) son John S. McCain IV graduated from the US Naval Academy on 22 May 2009.

2nd natural son, James McCain entered USMC boot camp on 11 September 2006, and deployed to Iraq in July 2007 as a Lance Corporal. "Jimmy", who spent seven months patrolling Anbar Province, learned of his father’s New Hampshire Republican Presidential Primary victory in January 2008 while he was digging a stuck military vehicle out of the mud.

Oldest (and adopted) son Doug McCain was an A-6 Intruder pilot in the USN in the 1980s.

Last edited by GreenKnight121; 15th Sep 2013 at 07:23.