PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 737 Systems Questions
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2003, 19:21
rich49

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
737 Systems Questions

Heya all
I have some questions regarding the 737 which I got after looking through www.b737.org.uk
Firstly, regarding the fuel system, the scavange jet pump operates when the centre pump switches are turned off for 20 minutes. What would happen if you turned the pumps off when the tank was full? Would the pump run for 20 minutes and continue to use fuel from the centre tank or does it only run when the fuel quantity is below a certain value?
Secondly on the 737NG's their is no GEN busses, the Gens power the transfers directly, so what happened to the 28v AC main and main buses? What happened to all the loadings (such as the galleys and hyd pumps) that were on these buses?
Third, when the bus transfer relay is positioned 'off' why do the transfer buses lose power? I thought that this just meant that power cannot be transfered from one transfer bus to the other should a generator fail?
Lastly, when the standby power switch is in 'auto' am I right in saying that: If power is lost from transfer bus 1 power for the standby AC bus is taken from the static inverter from the bat bus, except on the ground when the switch must be moved to 'bat' to get power.
What else is the bat position for? And one last question (I promise) is that when the stby pwr switch is moved to 'off' is the standby AC bus unpowered no matter what the situation?
Thanks