PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2013, 13:15
The Dominican

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The recruiter claims that they will gladly accept my fairly little total time as long as I come from a good training environment
It seems that this is the hiring trend lately, there have been several folks hired with lesser experience level than in the past. My guess is that they want individuals that will want to stay for a while. Apply and see what happens...!

As a side note: This trend is something new, they have historically hired experienced folks for the right seat (some actually met the minimums for captain and were offered F/O slots) so the upgrade program has been running at about the 3-4 year mark, with a lower level of experience joining the company, I don't think that it is realistic to expect to be upgraded within your first contract..! This of course is my opinion only, I don't have any inside info about where this ship is headed, I'm just feeding coal to the boilers......
I'm not sure this PIC time acceptable for JCAB ATPL?
This question comes up from time to time....! The JCAB as any other ICAO subscriber, has regulations that underline the PICUS hours. However, AJX historically has not accepted PICUS to meet the minimums.

Haven said that, since they are changing their hiring minimums it seems, we don't really know what their current and future stance is related to PICUS, I suggest to contact the contract companies and ask...! Same advise as before, apply and see what happens