PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - We are not here to serve you water !!- RJ CC.
Old 14th Sep 2013, 07:20
michaeljpotter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I understand you were frustrated by this event, and I'm not in any way defending the crew. Clearly a pax shouldn't be spoken to in this manner - but in defense that could also be down to language barrier and interpretation. Are you a native English speaker?
I cant help but wonder, your location is "flight deck" and this being a mostly pilot forum most will understand you're probably a pilot.
You then reinforce this fact by saying "us pilots" and then later on you say you identify yourself as a pilot to the crew when things are up to standard - do you work for RJ? If not...why will they care really if they aren't bothered about regular pax in the first place? If they're not worried about them, then a pilot doesn't mean all of a sudden they are going bow down to you - or was that what you wanted despite you saying publicly you didn't want special treatment.
If someone gave me bad service at a restaurant back home in the U.K and repeated bad service I didn't pull out my warrant card and go "I'm police you need to treat me different" because in the U.K that's called Abuse of the Office of Constable. So perhaps wording your post differently may have got some people less rattled about the way you've written your incident.