PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ANR Headset Batteries , Why AA ?
View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2013, 07:50
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think its as low as 1.2.

But they will put out 1.25 to 1.28 for the first 3rd of the discharge cycle.

When they do drop down to there rated voltage that's when you get the annoying chirping as the electronics stops working at 2.5v 5v or 8.5V if your on 9volts. So if your on 2 AA it drops to 2.4, 4 it drops to 4.8 and 8.4 with the 9V.

DC used to have a 8 cell AA battery pack which worked very well with rechargeable's but they stopped making it 10 years ago now and changed it for a 9V single cell which is pants on rechargables.

The disposable cells have a much more linear static voltage over 95% of there life which is the rated voltage. Which is why they work better.

Also as well because your only really discharging a third of the rechargables store you are going to memory them pretty quickly then it will be a third of your previous 3rd etc etc. so all in all a bit rubbish if you think your going to get 1000 recharge cycles out of them. I would end up having to recharge mine 200 times a year. A bulk box of 50 for 70 quid does me for a couple of years and the smoke alarm and CO alarm gets a new battery as well. To be honest I tend to sell a few of them as well so at 2.50-3 a pop when they are about 3.50-4.0 in the shops you only have to sell 25 and you are paying virtually nothing for the others. They have a sell by date of 5 years.

Last edited by mad_jock; 13th Sep 2013 at 08:12.