PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Other ways to spend 50 grand.
View Single Post
Old 11th Dec 2001, 13:13
bow5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Joe Bolt, same here. I was replying to a point in a thread in your post. Sorry to have gone off on a tangent.

I would say, however, that putting a post on a wannabee aviation forum asking whether or not IF people had £50,000 they would go off and do something else is going to meet with pretty much only one response. You mention about spending £50,000 to go into medicine as an alternative. Well, as is not the case in aviation, to go into any discipline of medicine that required that level of training would neccesitate 4 A's at 'A' level and a good degree in medicine from a good university before you could even think about further training. The same goes for Law. In fact, aviation is just about the only career in which you can 'buy' yourself into with minimal qualifications, obviously discounting starting your own business.

Lastly, if you were trying to infer that me and/or twinkletoes are stupid from what is put in our profiles then grow up. Currently I am trying to decide whether or not to pursue a JAA ATPL course given the current climate, hence the word 'confused'.

[ 11 December 2001: Message edited by: bow5 ]