PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Closure Of ScATCC.
View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2013, 06:35
reportyourlevel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
reportyourlevel

The "manager" who is supposedly in charge of a 24/7 operation has the stupidity to ask: "What time do you close?"

As a validated controller HD would be expected to be (your words) brilliant on his first day particularly at EGLL & EGTT otherwise he would have been terminated.
Alas, this is not a mandatory option for non operational managers!
Who said he was in charge of the operation, maybe he was in charge of marketing or HR or procurement? Would one of the watch managers know all the ins and outs of e.g. the legal department? Didn't think so. Also, let's not forget the "humour" that HD is so keen on - maybe it was a poorly received joke? Maybe also the sands of time have distorted the truth somewhat.

Tell me, how many controllers validate on their FIRST DAY? I know you NATS guys like to think you're good, but you're not that good! HD said the manager was "new", let's assume first week in the job. Not first week after six months of college and however much validation training, but first week off the street. Even if I was talking about valid controllers, I'd still disagree. Are you brilliant every day, or on some days are you just "good enough"?

eastern wiseguy, thanks. I'm afraid I don't fall into the "all hail HD" camp unlike many on here.