PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying across the Tasman
View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2013, 00:20
theaviator332

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the insightful knowledge, much appreciated!

cptkris you mentioned the flight notification submission isn't too different-do you just use NAIPS international flight plan (internet) until you reach NZ and then use their internet flight plan process for flying around the country?

As for Radio calls going into New Zealand, I assume you give them the full VH-XXX but when flying around the country do you just use XXX for CTAF's/other aerodromes?

How are the winds generally speaking when crossing around late NOV/early DEC? Hopefully not 50kt headwinds I hope A/C has endurance of 5.5-6 hours and cruises at 150kts tas (so around 800nm range)

Are there many forms in total you have to gather up and submit? I know theres the customs declarations, passenger/cargo manifest etc. Also which 'box' is the one if ticked incorrectly, they may charge GST

Also upon arrival do they take a look at the certificates of registration/airworthiness/personal flight crew licences etc?

cptkris you also mentioned ensure nav equipment certified for sole means oceanic? what exactly does the entail- the A/C has a functional ADF, VOR, ILS. And how long exactly are you out of VHF coverage for during the overwater segments?

Last edited by theaviator332; 13th Sep 2013 at 01:48.