PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying across the Tasman
View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2013, 00:10
VH-XXX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One chap, who flew an ultralight to NZ was presented with bill of about $5000, took the shine of the celebration of the first direct crossing of the Tasman in such a small aircraft.
Surely you would be referring to Ben Buckley who flew over direct from Mallacoota (from memory) in his 2-stroke Rotax 582 Lightwing? Nobody in NZ believed him until he arrived...

Surely they don't spray the stuff into the A/C while your still in there? Any kind of spray that has the intended effect of killing off insects/other stuff surely wouldn't be safe to inhale?
I'm not sure how old you are and if you'd remember, (as noted in previous post too) however not that many years ago on international flights when you arrived the hosties walked down the isles with their cans of fly/bug spray polluting the interior. I believe nowadays they simply inject the spray into the air conditioning system on descent which is one of the reasons why people often start coughing on descent. Would be I interested to know if this is still in use though?

I'm not aware of anyone having died from fly spray.

A mate flew his ultralight to NZ and had to wait in stifling heat, busting for a piss for quarantine to spray into his vent.