PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AS332L2 Ditching off Shetland: 23rd August 2013
Old 12th Sep 2013, 20:55
heliski22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HC,

Yes, I do understand.

You're right, of course, with new people after such an intensive start-up process. Perhaps the scenario I outlined while trying to keep the post short wasn't the best example.

I've been in company where more senior people, well established on Type, have been complaining about the idea of going straight into Check mode after 6 months on the line without any or very little preparation. I had the impression at the time that one of the problems giving rise to the situation was a cut-back in the number of Sim hours available for each training interval.

I've been labouring, perhaps naively, under the idea that the objective of Training/Checking was to ensure standards of proficiency are being maintained and, where there is evidence of some degradation in performance, to provide an opportunity to recover the ground lost rather than it becoming a check-driven, livelihood-threatening moment.

Am I wrong to think that the level of proficiency in certain areas, emergencies which are practiced/trained only in the Sim being one, would follow a slight downward trend over time?

Last edited by heliski22; 12th Sep 2013 at 20:56.