PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Discrimination
Thread: Discrimination
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2003, 13:13
swish266

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel COOL DOWN

Guys, we r not in a grammar contest.
Nor, I believe, trying to outwit d other person.
I feel at ease writing like dis.

I know a lot of fellow countrymen from my generation (just about 40sh) who r in different trades and places around d world. Surgeons, computer wizards, artists. They have achieved a lot thanks to a welcome, corresponding to their capabilities.

Unfortunately I, in my trade, am the only one dat have experienced so much discrimination when looking for a job, on the job and by a certain group of people on d job. And earned whatever position with so much hardship! But I don’t blame KLM if dey r conducting interviews in Dutch. I believe it is each airline’s own business to adopt whatever policy. And I believe any Caucasian can get a fair knowledge of a European language in 6 months if he’s dedicated to doing dat interview…
I was trying to say that I wonder why Native English Speakers r in a different league from everybody else in a lot of companies with predominantly expat flight deck crew. My experience is from d Middle East and the Pacific Rim. I know guys from Mexico, Quebec, Germany, Switzerland and France who have more or less the same experience like me. There was a company that used to pay Americans almost double than anyone else until they learned the hard way that Gods also make mistakes (had to write off an almost brand new B744).
Don’t b offended. If you don’t like dis thread just disregard it and let someone else who wants to share his thoughts, do it. Don’t fill it with useless junk.

Cheers!