PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gilbert Blades - The Scourge of UK MOD Courts Martial
Old 11th Sep 2013, 20:54
SOSL

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Back in the day, too many CMs were instigated and pursued by jumped up jerks who thought it made them look good to be "hard men".

Once a Sgt Psychiatric nurse was busted to SAC by CM, after 20 years of dedicated service to the distressed and suffering boys and girls in the RAF/WRAF as it was.

Here's what happened: his wife had been diagnosed with MS and he had re-mortgaged their small house to have it adapted for her, then he had been posted to Germany but had requested not to go, naturally he wanted to stay where he was. However he had to go and when he did their only child had decided that he had to give up his college course (only half way through) to look after mum since Dad was away. Innsworth refused to change the posting.

Our man had used up all his warrants and so he asked the Chf Clk (in Germany) if he could get a compassionate warrant to be with his family for a short time. No.

He fiddled a warrant (I'm not sure how) got caught and reduced to SAC by CM.

So, wife with MS, son giving up his future, large mortgage on small house. CM decides to cut his income in half and leave him in Germany!

Disgusting. I was there - I saw this happen - and I remember the posing prick of a Wg Cdr who chaired the CM.

Now please excuse me - dark room Black Grouse, calm thoughts.