PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AS332L2 Ditching off Shetland: 23rd August 2013
Old 11th Sep 2013, 16:07
mtoroshanga

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am surprised that in this on-going forum no-one seems to have mentioned that with reference to the pictures of the floating wreckage no jettison escape windows have been punched out on the port side and the entry door on the starboard side has been opened so blocking off two escape windows including one primary escape panel. From more than thirty years on type I can confirm that once the sliding door is opened and not jettisoned it blocks these exits and cannot be jettisoned if the jettison control is then selected. The result of this situation is that everyone has to leave by this exit and the two windows aft of it if they have been activated. There were 16 passengers in this situation,3 less than normal. May I suggest that the actions of the passengers at the sliding doors be reviewed and the depth of training looked into. From a conversation I heard the old principal of "woman and children first" seems to have been ignored.