PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Electrical output of airliners?
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2013, 14:08
mommus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ian W - thank you for the info

I can't really go into the exact method by which I have configured the seating, but at present (prior to any extensive real-world prototyping) I think I have a way to satisfy all the requirements you describe - with the possible exception of being able to place a carry-on size bag beneath the seat in front. However, I don't think you can do that with current designs - especially of you are sitting in the centre-seat/s of three or four seat blocks.

You can get a decent size backpack etc under there (if you don't wish to recline fully) but not a standard international carry-on bag. I thought these were meant to go in the overhead bins?

It's good news that there is available power onboard most planes. I had read up on the electrical output of various engine types but had no idea how the power was used by onboard systems.

Coincidentally, I was reading about load-shedding recently - but with respect to the Apollo guidance computer, which I believe was one of the first vehicle systems to use it.

thanks again