PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AS332L2 Ditching off Shetland: 23rd August 2013
Old 11th Sep 2013, 13:41
Al-bert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Al-Bert you memory is clearly fading and the rose tinted glasses are getting steamy! You know as well as I that the RAF has had more than its fair share of CFIT. Go further and compare the number of flying hours flown in the NS vs the RAF per year and the CFIT stats are relatively low in the NS. I knew several RAF CFIT stats personally. Your glorious career of under 200 hrs per year is all well and good,
I don't know why I'm bothering to respond to you 26500 but my annual reports always said 'this officer doesn't suffer fools gladly' so here goes:

true, we didn't fly 600 hours per annum, of hands off straight lines to a rig. Nor did I ever fly less than '200 hours a year' or 300 for that matter. What I did fly, on top of six years SH was 22 years of SAR - and yes, the Seaking AFCS saw lots of use. If you regard a 2-300 cloud base and 2.8k's vis as poor weather then you have never been where I've been. Lets hope that you don't ever try for the CivSar contract too. Nor have you read what I have been trying to say in my posts on here - but, carry on, you're all doing very well!