PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CARDIFF - 2
Thread: CARDIFF - 2
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2013, 01:25
Phileas Fogg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mathers,

I wouldn't place too much of an emphasis on 19 year old Airbuses when KLM are, three times daily, operating aircraft in and out of a manufacturer that ceased production of the type atleast 18 years ago.

Yes, I'm fully familiar with mixed crews, in a previous life we had Australian cabin crew operating the back ends of, what otherwise would have been, our CWL based aircraft.

It's this repeated referral, more recently by 'bacp', to "pilots" and "crew" as if the two are different entitities but I guess that's to do with the age and 'spotter' identity(s) of a number of the posters in this thread.

For info, if an operator brings in a third party aircraft, hull only, then it is a "dry lease", if it brings in a third party aircraft with full crew then it is a "wet lease" and/or if it brings in an aircraft with flight crew only then it is a "damp lease".

And bacp's naivity has made me laugh referring to "British pilots" in one breath and "Welsh crew" in another, I'll refrain from further comment other than that.

Last edited by Phileas Fogg; 11th Sep 2013 at 01:26.