PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AS332L2 Ditching off Shetland: 23rd August 2013
Old 11th Sep 2013, 01:06
maxwelg2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How about we train the SLF to watch those standby VSI and iAS dials over the monitoring pilots shoulders in case they have become too absorbed in pressing buttons and not actually flying the aircraft ?

We could then extend our "Intervention culture " from the rig or platform and hopefully prevent an inadvertent coming together of machine and terra firma ?

We could even give them a check ride in the sim every 6 months to keep them current. ....

BG
OK BG, I'll bite...

I don't expect you to do my job offshore, therefore you shouldn't expect me to be doing yours.

A mutual appreciation of the complexity of each person's role in our industry can only be beneficial, as well as understanding that our industry needs both bus drivers and SLF to function.

If your comment is meant to be humourous, sorry, once you've lost colleagues in this industry that type of humour is IMO inappropriate, especially on this thread where others are trying hard to make a change for the better.