PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Servisair / Swissport
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2013, 14:57
tgwu stn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Servisair/Swissport/Menzies contract

To all staff affected WARNING if you are being offered something that is as one poster put it generous it means you are losing in another way.

Look at all the offer and not take the short term view.

The first question i would asking is overtime compulsory?
Check your contract and what is being offered you may have cover late inbounds or when a manager says so on a flat rate at 2am in the morning, if this the case may not seem so generous six months down the line and its too late and you have accepted the offer, but you can't find anyone who will admit to it.
Management may well word it a reasonable amount or for operation needs which pretty much covers everything and they will have you working flat rate overtime or not being paid at all, for a small increase in your hourly rate.
Companies only offer their employees something which means there it more in it for them than you.
The company is not going offer you something which will cost them more someone has worked out there is a saving for them but at what cost to you !
You will have Management lackies running around telling everyone what a good deal it is,double agents in smoking hut(i know who you are) reporting back.
You always get a few people taking a short term view and the first to moan six months down the line and will not admit they accepted it, we already having one poster saying its generous without knowing all the details.
You do not have roll over and accept the offer remember if stick together you will get a better deal Management will have lackies out trying to split you, i refer you to read my previous posts on this subject.
I work in the industry and know what goes on at management level and on and staff levels,don't blame poor old Shop Steward that is doing the job because no one else will do it and no one had the Bs to do it

Good luck together you are stronger and stick together.