PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Increased EK attrition
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2013, 08:08
frankie777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Increased Attrition

Anyone who thinks people are not leaving is dreaming. In the compound that I am in eight Captains have already left this year including five Trainers. All of these guys have a wealth of experience and have all left for very good jobs.
At my last RTGS the HR lady stated that the attrition was one to two percent and that the company was not worried about it as they have 2000 pilots in the Hold Pool. They should be!! It is not just the fact that alot of those guys and girls will have now found other jobs due to the fact that EK have not been recruiting but also the experience levels of those that they are taking on. If for instance the attrition increases with alot of Americans/Europeans leaving the management will probably just lower the entry requirements. This will then cause a problem down track as the new recruits will have less experience and will take longer to upgrade. No doubt this will work as the likes of AS etc will have retired before it becomes a problem for them.
After not receiving a bonus, constant fiddling with bidding/rosters, poorl leave arrangements and a complete lack of respect for seniority, morale is at an all time low. I personally believe that it has to get better soon. But of course I am dreaming just like EK management who believe all is Shangri La. Good luck to all who seek and find pastures new.