PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Iberia: A-321 210kts at 3.8nms ......
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2013, 07:23
JOSHUA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well said 4468.

Alpagueur320 - your arrogance astounds me, I hope my family are never sat in your aircraft. I'm sure your handling skills are outstanding given all the "honing" you profess to doing but a safe operation isn't just about handling skills, where is your colleague at as you race toward 500' demonstrating your superior flying skills......is your less experienced colleague keeping pace or are they some 4-5 miles behind you - what use is your colleague then when a late emergency presents itself, flaps or gear that won't extend resulting in a late go around.....

I cut my teeth in a small freight outfit flying turbo props, SOP's were pretty slack and I learnt a lot about aircraft limits and my own limits at that point in my career. I now fly 747's, I know which outfit I felt safer in - the current one where the stable height for the aircraft is not viewed as a target but an absolute gate that must not be bust, in viewing it not as a target, ensuring stabilisation is achieved comfortably before, ensures significantly more capacity for both pilots to monitor the flight path &/or deal with any problems that arise - hell, if they do arise it even gives you time to discuss the G/A before it's initiated!