PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Observations on RT of Native English Speakers
Old 9th Sep 2013, 19:32
Kickingkatie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This pilot should have been suspended for this, but it does not surprise me with Chinese pilots. Part of the problem is when they are in China both the pilots and the controllers speak Chinese. If they spoke English then this would improve their skills.
When dealing with pilots or controllers where English is their second language, it's a good idea to slow down a little on both sides. In this example I think you are going down the wrong road to even suggest what the controller should have done differently. It's clear that this pilot does not hold icao level 4 and whichever English Rater gave him that certificate they should be suspended too.

A point I would add is this is in New York, therefore this is going to be a big jet coming from China so these pilots 'should' be experienced and therefore with that experience you would expect a high standard of English, but this is clearly not the case. China is another accident waiting to happen.

Last edited by Kickingkatie; 9th Sep 2013 at 19:33.