PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AS332L2 Ditching off Shetland: 23rd August 2013
Old 9th Sep 2013, 15:46
cyclic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am not criticising the individuals involved as I know well they fear that seeking such advice would be viewed poorly by their management and is probably sanctioned formally. This is poor culture. This has to change.
DB, never a truer word spoken. The culture is wrong at all levels and hasn't changed after each incident. If I have heard a top to bottom review mentioned once, I have heard it several times, yet once the dust has settled, it is back to the massive rush for the dollar. We are here to make money for ourselves and our masters but not at any cost. If the customers are really interested in seeing this culture change, they can be instrumental in forcing it through. If not, we will continue the rush to the bottom. This isn't a North Sea specific issue either, it pervades a great deal of British industry.

In the meantime, we, the crews have to do our level best to provide the service that our passengers deserve when they are our responsibility. With winter approaching, I hope we don't hear "well $%^& have just launched" or the like. We need to be a little more joined up and take the best from all the operators. We don't need to share commercial secrets, but flying and operating safely isn't a secret!