PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Leuchars air show, USAF no show?
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2013, 12:23
hval

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whilst there may have been a paucity of aircraft, what was there was well presented, both on the ground and in the air. I feel that all dealt with any issues that came up (e.g. Vulcan and Hunter) well.

Everyone I saw certainly appeared to very much enjoy the airshow. The fact that the weather forecast was totally incorrect was much appreciated. Those that I spoke with certainly had a pleasurable day. I spoke with many former R.A.F. personnel who were happy to reminisce about their pasts and Leuchars' in particular. There was much sadness with the demise of R.A.F. leuchars and with the armed forces in general. This year, for some reason, I spoke with many people who wanted to tell me about their times at R.A.F. Tengah. It was absolutley fascinating.

I would personally like to thank all those people involved with organising, setting up, running and dismantling what was an extremely pleasurable day. Thank you all.

Finally a very big thanks to the Red Arrows for their departure display at 10:00 hrs on Sunday.

Hval.

Last edited by hval; 9th Sep 2013 at 12:24. Reason: Initial phrasing looked poor