PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Life on the line at BA - after cadet training...
Old 24th Aug 2001, 22:36
Wubble U

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1. Initially the job exceeded all expectations, but after some time it became tedious and monotonous. Once you know all the routes inside out the highlight of your day becomes breakfast and the Daily telegraph. And it will be breakfast because you certainly won't get to see a crew dinner.

2. Posted to my first choice aircraft at my last choice base. The aircrafts wobbly tendencies still interest and entertain, but thats about all the stimulation there is short of nipping back to the forward galley to talk to the crew and grab a coffee. Long haul? I can dream!

3.Least fun? It could be the 5 day blocks with increasingly early starts (all before 6am). Or it could be the tedious monotony of doing the same routes, day in, day out with no variety or challenge. Or a standby block every other month. Or effectively having no control over your roster. Or not having a weekend off for months on end. Or the feeling of total disillusionment when your roster arrive and once again, your doing the same s*** as last month, and every month before that, no matter what you bid for. Or it could be listening to your friends at a different base tell you what an exciting time they had in x, whilst you were in y for the 7th time that month.

[ 24 August 2001: Message edited by: Wubble U ]