PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AS332L2 Ditching off Shetland: 23rd August 2013
Old 9th Sep 2013, 11:49
SASless

Received 518 Likes on 216 Posts
Contrary to this, on my side of the NS, not one UK Instructor has ever approached us for guidance or advice on operational issues such as DAFCS deplyoment and management despite the introduction of new and fantastic tools such as the Standard Groundspeed Mode. This is culture working against us. I am not criticising the individuals involved as I know well they fear that seeking such advice would be viewed poorly by their management and is probably sanctioned formally. This is poor culture. This has to change.
Something very similar was discussed in the Military Aircrew Thread during discussions about the Chinook Program and the RAF.

I saw great examples of that when teaching in the Sim when some British TRI's came through for training....with some predictable negative results in both Pilot Performance and Programmed Training for the Crews.

The attitude has got to be such that we can learn from anyone and everyone....being able to pick and choose what works best and produces the best outcome should be the goal.

I have always tried to learn from others even if it was "I shall never ever do that in that manner!".