PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maun, Botswana. The essential guide.
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2013, 11:13
Exascot
Registered User **

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LB, forecast temperatures for this week in Maun: 34,35,35,36,37,37. Glorious clear blue skies and just having a cold beer by the river at ORL.

Guys ref. experience; I can only speak as a consultant not an employer or employee in the charter business. I am sure that the companies would welcome experienced pilots. They need people who have the experience and knowledge to become trainers and hold more senior posts than just being a line 'Biggles'. Also it is easier for them to get you work permits.

BUT and this is the BIG advice: Don't arrive here as Capt Know-All (this has been mentioned before). None of the 'I have always done it this way'. Accept the SOPs even if you disagree. Accept that you are still a new boy/girl in the field and willing to listen and learn. Make all this very clear in your first contact with a company. Also stress the point that you enjoy 'flying' not being a systems operator and the different way of life here compared to airline schedules. I know, I have; 'been there, seen it, done it' and would love to fly here in my retirement but only mornings, and say just three days a week! ATPL 8,000+ hrs single piston, twin turbine, fast jet, heavy four jet and wide bodied, any offers please?

Last edited by Exascot; 9th Sep 2013 at 14:08.