PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Westland Scout research
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2013, 10:48
Gazzer1uk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Autorotation

Guys,

You are really being so helpful, and it is truly fascinating. To those who have kindly posted pictures, could they PM me if they would be happy me using them in the project, the more scale like I can make this the better!!

I have heard the Scout did not autorotate that well, is this true. I am sure I recall many moons ago one of the Blue Peter presenters as a passenger on a Scout when it did an auto test, I am sure he yelled out as it pitched down!!!

Thanks to those posting serial numbers of the airframes, or registration details, not found any that has yet been in both places, as both were dank and frequently wet, the airframe would probably not have known too much of the difference lol! Having lived there, I never saw so much rain as anywhere else I have lived since!

The project folder for the build has been started, my CAD genius friend is interested so fairly soon we will be looking at a prototype to prove some of the ideas, likely this will be about 1/7th scale and not overly sensitive to scale detail more like a proof of concept. I'll let you know how it progress's and importantly when.

Thanks again, look forward to some more stories!

Cheers,

Gaz