PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Life on the line at BA - after cadet training...
Old 23rd Aug 2001, 12:50
Sean Dell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alfie - you are welcome to your early Paris's! I am looking forward to taking a few more cushty European destinations off you chaps over the next few months (to add to Rome, Prague, Budapest etc.)!!

In answer to your question Lavdumper - I have to agree with Alfie - the job far exceeds all expectations. But as you indicate it is by no means a walk in the park - even when you have done that dreaded IR! There are unfortunately still some folk who don't pass their base/line training and end up out on their ear. There is still an awful lot to learn even after all this.

The hardest bit I find (after you get to grips with the aircraft!) is remembering that there are 150 odd pax(I mean customers) sat behind you and you need to be aware of their problems and be able to think in a more commercial sense (not as obvious as it seems).

However, as people have time and again proved - 200 hrs guys whether sponsored or not can cut the mustard provided they work hard and accept that they have a lot to learn.