PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 737NG Cabin Pressurization
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2013, 22:16
flyboyike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rottenray
First. that's pretty racsist.

Next, you could do something different than you usually do - you could simply answer the question, share the knowledge you have with others so everyone can learn.

Frankly, you and a few others have badly polluted these fora with snippy, crass remarks.

I'm not a pilot, merely an enthusiast who at one time greatly enjoyed PPRuNe, before the likes of you with your "private club" attitude, and a few others who actually tell folks posting questions they should be using google instead, have taken over the discussions here.

I really, really hope I never have the pleasure of trusting my life to someone with your attitude.

If you behave this way here - in an innocent discussion setting with zero pressure - I would hate to trust your CRM in an emergency.
First, when throwing around labels, it might behoove you to know how to spell those labels. Just, you know, for credibility and such...

This has nothing to do with a "private club" attitude or telling people to use google. It's just that when one has been in the industry a while, been with a couple of airlines, flown a couple aircraft types, one starts to notice certain patterns. One gets fairly familiar with what crewmembers do or don't do. So, when a guy comes on here claiming that the only resources available to him are the FCOM and pprune, it throws up sort of a red flag. Why not ask a check airman/TRI/TRE/manager of training/fleet manager/Fleet Captain (different airlines use different terms for theses people)? Why not ask his systems instructor, who, you know, is paid expressly to know these things? Granted, not everyone is a fortunate as yours truly whose most recent systems instructor used to fly side saddle on the Air Force One, but still, airlines have resources for this sort of thing far better than pprune.

As for my CRM, it's fine, thank you. You know how I know? People I fly with have told me, check airmen have told me, sim instructors have told me, so I hope you understand if I pay your "concerns" no mind, but I truly appreciate you putting your "enthusiast" two cents in, layperson opinions are always heartily welcomed.