PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia Psychometric Testing
Old 8th Sep 2013, 08:56
razzy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi All,

I'm scheduled to attend the full day assessment at the Melbourne centre on the 16th of August. Is there anyone else who has it on the same day?

I wanted to know a few things that have been at the back of my head since the beginning of the assessments. As I understand the entire duration of the course is the probation period, where a candidate's progress to the next stage of training is dependent on them passing the evaluations and exams that keep taking place. The 5-year bond though, commences once a trainee finishes off the full training and starts off as a controller at their assigned location. However, if one hypothetically does not manage to achieve the required standards during the training period, how does it work then?

- Are a fixed number of chances given to the individual to improve?
- Are any additional lessons or additional assistance provided to them to help them achieve the required standards?
- If the individual is unable to meet the standards, do ASA ask them to leave the course?
- If so, can one apply after 12 months, or is that exit for good?
- In the case of such an exit, is the trainee liable to pay any penalty to ASA?

I apologise if these questions sound inane, but I really do want to know this before I get into the deep end.