PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Non type rated easyjet recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2013, 07:49
Wingswinger

Location: Hampshire physically; Perthshire and Pembrokeshire mentally.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr P,

Interesting comment and of course one that should be included so how many we talking over the next year? 10, 20, surely no more than that?
If I may weigh-in on that, being a BA pre-Oct 06 retiree. The question of how many over the next year is irrelevant because you wouldn't be on a command course within a year of starting. The point Meikleour was making is that there is a significant number of us. I know of four who have retired in the last month alone. I will be gone in 2.5 years and so will quite a few others whom I know. There is also a contingent of ex-Cathay, ex-Virgin and ex-sandpit people who are all within sight of their personal sunsets.

I happen to be a TRE and closely involved with command selection and training at EZY so I'd like to add this: One gets the feeling from a number of posters here that all you have to do is turn up with the hours and the LHS spot will be yours. It won't be like that. As well as a Base Captain interview you will have to do the command development eLearning package which comprises a number of CBT presentations. Then there is a series of command development flights and a rigorous command assessment simulator detail and interview with a TRE. Once through that your record will be reviewed and if successful, you will join the queue. The aim of the development and assessment is to eliminate, if possible, failures on the course. There is a high expectation that everyone on a course will pass. Despite all that we still have a few failures each year.

The course itself is three days ground school, 6 simulator details and 26 sectors. It is high pressure; not a stroll in the park. People who gain their four rings at EZY these days have earned them.

Having said all that I do hope that a significant number of experienced people from all backgrounds accept what's on offer. You are needed. I cannot comment on the contracts offered; those are the remit of the commercial and HR people.