PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 737NG Cabin Pressurization
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2013, 20:49
framer

Received 494 Likes on 132 Posts
Flyboyike... I've just finished a conversation on another thread about this exact sort of thing. Someone asks a question ( presumably trying to better themselves ) and they are met with aggression right off the bat.
Pprune is becoming a very negative place to spend time. I think that we need to speak up if people wade in like you did at the start of this thread, otherwise all the mature knowledgable pilots won't bother coming back.
Nothing good was achieved by questioning the OP's honesty and employment, it diverted a tech thread and injected a fraction more confrontation into the forum.
This is what I said in another thread but I think it applies pretty much anywhere, Internet or real life:
The inclination to dive straight in with sniping snarling attacks when someone tries to better themselves lowers the forums tone. It smacks of either oversized ego or undersized confidence.
A group of pilots wouldn't put up with your aggressive questioning of whether the OP is in fact a pilot if we were standing around in a hangar, we'd tell you to wind your head in. Also, I may be wrong but I doubt in real life you'd ask him that question.