PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OFFICER and AIRCREW 'CANDIDATES' PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 7th Sep 2013, 17:57
Jono94

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RAF FAT tests!

Good evening everybody.

New to PPRuNe, I apologise in advance for asking a question which is probably answered. Under the new selection process for all RAF trades which require aptitude testing, I have been given my date for my first visit to Cranwell to take my FAT's- I would be most appreciative of any advice from anybody who has been before, particularly anyone who has been recently.

I understand that the aptitude tests are designed to test a candidates innate abilities- you can't really practice for them. However like many others I've seen online, I know you can revise the mathematic sections. Now, from an email I received from OASC, I understand there are two key tests which focus heavily on maths- a Numerical reasoning test (which appears to be multiple choice) and the Airborne Numerical Test. I am more concerned about the latter due to the fact that the calculations have to be made in your head, with no pen or paper in limited time (to simulate a cockpit environment). Can anybody tell me anything about the types of question in this element of the test I.e level of difficulty?

I reckon it's this part of the test which will trip me up. I wonder if anyone knows how much these sections affect the overall score?

Thank you kindly in advance!

Jonathan