PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AS332L2 Ditching off Shetland: 23rd August 2013
Old 7th Sep 2013, 16:32
HeliComparator

Received 43 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by rotorspeed
HC

Do you really think the elepant in the room is cost cutting on training? Or is it that two pilots tragically might have made a mistake - that their training, let alone experience, should have been sufficient to prevent?

Understandably, a number of NS colleagues here are perhaps loath to accept that concept.

But there again, there may well have been an understandable reason for the pilots to act as they did, from a complicated whole scenario.
Yes, at this stage we are of course speculating. I did hear through the grapevine that the copilot was pretty new. If that is true, he will presumably have done his type rating etc via the 3rd party trainer. Reluctantly I can accept one highly experienced pilot making a big mistake, its rather harder to believe two can, u less there were other factors that made the second pilot less than optimal.

TBH I have no idea whether the 3rd party training is a big deal or not, but at first glance it seems a really bad idea. That's why I was hoping to provoke some response from those who do know.