PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Non type rated easyjet recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2013, 14:58
Mr-P

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr-P: Your calculations of attrition do not take account of the large "BA retirement home" contingent who joined eJ post 2006 in large numbers and who are all now due to retire again!
Interesting comment and of course one that should be included so how many we talking over the next year? 10, 20, surely no more than that?

@Cmon-PullUP
That's interesting numbers, so I guess that means that there are only around 200 (S)FO's with more than 2000 eJ hours out of around 1100ish. Seems a little low but if it is so then no wonder eJ are trying to recruit some experienced guys.

Finally I don't think the fact that time to command could be shorter than elsewhere but that some throw around numbers without backing them up. Anyone joining now would be at the back of anyone that is signed up to the command program already. It has been mentioned that this is possible after 2000 eJ factored hours. I'm of the opinion that just about every pilot that meets that requirement will in fact sign up and so this is how I get to my numbers, I'm an outsider and open to other points of view and corrections.