PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue hiring
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2013, 07:59
Berealgetreal

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
With regard to VA pilots flying flat stick, it tends to go in fits and starts. One roster you've got 60 odd hours and there are massive amounts of leave available. The next you're doing overtime and lots of it. I guess its all part of the economy and and consumer sentiment. With the Election bringing in the Liberals you might find there is an uptick in confidence and it all picks up. My gut feeling is that there will be some hiring in the next 6 months as a result. On flights I've done recently the loads have been MASSIVE. Add to that Jetstar are putting through 20-40 commands at the moment which indicates things might be turning a little. I haven't found however that callouts have increased at all really.

I think the merging of lists is being handled by the respective unions. Its all good and well for super senior guys to go chest beating but what people need to realise is that there are people from VA that would like to fly an ATR and there are people from VARA that would like to fly a 737 or an a330. Ultimately what you don't want is a Qlink Qantas scenario. As for people that think that they are going to walk into a 777 command or likewise take the next F100 command they need to get in touch with reality and/or seek advice from their medical practitioner on ways to deal with irrational thought processes. I think the best thing to do is for everybody to put aside ego and 'mine is better than yours' attitude and look at the big LONGTERM picture. As for staff travel, its very simple. Those that hold out will lose, generally the company holds the cards.

Last edited by Berealgetreal; 7th Sep 2013 at 10:37.